If you are unable to see your Windows Server 2008 - 2012 in your network, here is how to fix that:
- Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
- DNS Client
- Function Discovery Resource Publication
- SSDP Discovery
- UPnP Device Host
- Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
- Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
- Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.